Last week I had few requests for Qorma recipe after I posted pictures on Instagram on Eid.So as promised here is the recipe.
Preparation Time: 20 min Cooking time : 60 minutes
Serves- 4-5 people
Lamb/Mutton 1 kg
2 big onion ( paste )
Fresh Ginger and Garlic paste (100 gm)
Green chillies 1 (sliced) ,Depending on hotness of chili
Fresh Cream 1 cup,
Concentrate Tomato paste 2 Tablespoon.
Salt 1 tablespoon
Cumin Powder 1 teaspoon
Turmeric 1 teaspoon
Chili Powder ( 1/2 teaspoon) Depends on your spice level.
Coriander powder 1 teaspoon.
Garam masala ½ teaspoon
Cumin Seeds,(one teaspoon)
Cinnamon Stick(one small piece,half an inch)
Bay Leaves (2-3 )
Oil – 100 ml
Lemon Juice and chopped coriander leaves for Garnishing
- Grind onion as paste and ginger garlic as a paste .
- slit chilli into long 4 pieces.
- In a wok/pan heat oil and add whole spices first,
- Let them splutter them for a minute or less.
- Add the ginger garlic paste with chilli pieces.
- Fry for two mins on low flame.
- Now add the onion paste , fry them until the paste becomes golden brown and you see a fine aroma coming out.
- Add all the powdered spices (chili,turmeric,coriander,cumin) now, and fry for a minute,
- Now add mutton pieces. Sauté for 5-7 minutes.
- Put in tomato paste and salt. Saute for 5 minutes till oil start separating a bit from curry.
- Add the fresh cream now and stir, put the lid on for another 10 minutes.
- Add one and half cup of water and cook it on low flame for 10-15 minutes in pressure cooker(5-6 whistles)
- You can check now, if mutton pieces are soft enough for you , Some people like them too soft, so they add a little water 50 ml and cook for another 10-15 mins or until they come up really soft as per your liking)
- Add garam masala and mix .Simmer for 5 minutes.The Qorma should not be too liquid or two thick.
- Before serving add lemon juice and some chopped coriander leaves on top for garnishing .