Baking is a great way to cook your food without frying or adding much oil . Today we had our veggies baked with chicken. We marinated them in spices for an hour before we put them in oven. It does make difference in taste as spices were absorbed by chicken and vegetables and tastes much better.
Preparation time : 15 minutes excluding marinating time (1 hour min) Baking time : 20 mins
Calories per serving =278
Serves – 2
- Chicken breast , cut into small pieces 200 gm
- Vegetables – small Potatoes 6-7, brinjal 1/2, Green and yellow Pepper 1/4rth each , Tomato 1, Onion 1/2, Carrot 1 ,Zucchini -1/25, lemon 1, Green Peas – handful
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt 1 teaspoon
- Spices for marinade-,Pepper 1/2 teaspoon,Garlic Powder 1/2 teaspoon,Cumin Powder 1/2 teaspoon,Chili Powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Herbs- Herb de Provence, Dry Parsley to sprinkle
Marinate the chicken and vegetables with spices,lemon juice,salt, one tablespoon olive oil and keep aside for minimum an hour ( more you keep, it is better)
Preheat the oven for 15 minutes at 240 C.
Now transfer the marinated vegetables and chicken into baking tray ,some water (50 ml) and sprinkle some herbs over it, and let it bake for 15-20 minutes.
check if vegetable are cooked .
Serve with bread or rice as you prefer .