Need an Easy Dinner Idea, How about fish tonight? Baked fish with vegetables not only sounds great but it is delicious too.It is healthy as well,you are not frying anything here or adding much oil .You can modify the recipe with your choice of veggies and eat with a bowl of salad with drizzle of lemon on top.
Preparation time : 15 minutes excluding marinating time (1 hour min) Cooking time : 20 mins
Serves – 2-3
- Fish filets ( 3-4) . I have used tilapia fish.
- Vegetables -Potato, brinjal,Green Pepper,Tomato,Onion,Garlic
(I took one potato medium,one medium tomato,one medium onion,3-4 garlic cloves
and small green pepper,half of brinjal medium size)
- one tablespoon of lemon juice .
- One and half tablespoon olive oil
- Salt One teaspoon
- Spices for marinade-,Pepper 1/2 teaspoon,Garlic Powder 1/2 teaspoon,Cumin Powder 1/2 teaspoon,Chili Powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Herb- Herb de Provence, Dry Persil to sprinkle
Marinate the fish filets with spices,lemon juice,salt, one tablespoon olive oil and keep aside for minimum an hour ( more you keep, it is better)
Preheat the oven for 15 minutes at 240 C.
Meanwhile ,Cut the vegetables into thin slices so they can be baked easily,cut big pieces of garlic,it gives good taste .
Now transfer the marinated fish into baking tray along with vegetables,pour some olive oil ( one teaspoon) ,some water (50 ml) and sprinkle some herbs over it, and let it bake for 15-20 minutes.
check if vegetable are cooked .
Serve with bread , some salad and some lemon juice on top.